Something different.... Simplicity 1661

I will definitely make this one a few more times! This is such a great pattern. I've had the fabric for several years and struggled with what to make with it.  

Simplicity is quickly becoming my go-to pattern company for tops. The fit of the top is great and has enough fullness to avoid the FBA I usually need to make. 

It pairs beautifully with a pencil skirt! 









Pattern Description: 
Sleeveless blouse with front tie and opening at center back.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it did. 

Were the instructions easy to follow?
There were easy to follow and the top was quick to make.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I love the neckline, tie and the fall of the top.

Fabric Used: I think it's a lightweight faille.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: 
I added four pleats in the front at the hem. The fullness in the blouse is great, but the faille I chose may not have been lightweight enough. My full bust may have caused it to stand out too much in the front, so the pleats pulled it in to make it more flattering.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes...definitely! In fact, I have some pieces in my stash that I plan to use on it.

Conclusion:
Great pattern!



Pleats added at the bottom




Love this detail






































Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz

Comments

  1. Ooh I love that top. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend and lovely top. I am going to give this one a try today. I've been looking at the pattern for some time now, not sure what I wanted to do but I am sold, your top is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts