Vogue 8750 Complete

Yay!! I'm done and I love the pattern....


Pattern Description:
Fitted and flared skirt in various lengths

Pattern Sizing:

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, they were easy to follow.  Construction was easy as well.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I think the pattern is great.  The edge stitching/edge stitching is a great detail on the pattern.  The curved seams are also a beautiful detail.

Fabric Used:
Moleskin.  It is the first suggested fabric for the skirt.  It was perfect, however, I'm not a fan of having to top stitch moleskin.  The pattern calls for edge stitching, however, my was a bit wider.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None.  The waist requires grosgrain ribbon for stabilizing and it works great!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely!  However, I probably wouldn't use moleskin.  I will try it in another fabric.

Conclusion:
It's a great pattern, and it will be a "go to pattern" in my collection.





Vogue 8750

Comments

  1. I LOVE that skirt. The fabric is fabulous as well as the fit! I'm a bit hippy so I have to be careful with pencil skirts but I am tempted to try this one. Looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts