New Look 6070 and the art of color blocking

I did complete NL6070....  I was really happy with the black, fuchsia, and white which I purchased at Hancock Fabrics last fall.  It did fit... originally!  However, the weave of the fabric is so tight that it has very give/stretch...even on the bias; there was also very little ease in the finished garment.  Any variance in the weight or waistline and it was a bit too snug.... LOL!




Pattern Description:
Workroom from Project Runway; One piece dress

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, they were....

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I thought the sleeves and pleating details from the front were cute....

Fabric Used:
I think it was a faille; the weave of both fabrics was very tight.  No stretch at all.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
On the fuchsia, black and white, I stuck with the original details.    However, I had a challenge with the second iteration....  I purchased this black, orange, red and hints of copper tribal print many years ago.  I had been very excited about the fabric and wanted a pattern that wouldn't break up the print too much.  I cut the pattern too small and needed to figure out how to salvage the fabric.  I had a black faille (that had also been in the stash for years); so, I decided to try my hand "color blocking!"  I also created a side seam instead of the single waistband feature on the pattern.



Waistline detail
2nd version
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?No...I'm done.  It's a really cute dress, but I wore the first one once and passed the second one on to a friend.  I do, however, highly recommend it to others.  I love the style and think its a great dress.


Color blocking
Pleated cap on sleeve








Comments

  1. Super cute! I have that same fabric I have YET to cut lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts