Claire Schaeffer slacks, Vogue 7881

This one is a Claire Schaeffer favorite of mine....  I think the style and fit are very contemporary.  I picked up the fabric at Joann's.

Pattern Description:
Straight-legged pants (semi-fitted through hip) have contour, front button yoke and mock-fly zipper.

Pattern Sizing:
12-14-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes...it did!


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, they were very easy to follow.  I chose to go with the non-couture construction.


 


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the contour waistband.  I think it's flattering on just about any waist size/type.  I have a slightly thicker waist (even at my thinnest :-); so the final shape of the slacks was great for me.

Fabric Used:
A lightweight tweed-like fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made view B (the non-couture version).  In an earlier (and ultimately, "do over") project, I attempted to make the pants to accompany an off-white suit.  With this version, I shortened the crotch and took in the sides by a half inch.  It's a great pattern. While the pattern doesn't call for it, I lined them as well.  In fact, I used the lining from the "first attempt" that didn't go well.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely!

Conclusion:
I love these slacks....  I intend to use the pattern several more times with a few of the Claire Shaeffer Jacket patterns I have in my stash. The contoured waistband is fantastic....  I think it more easily flatters almost any waist size.  The pants are fuller in the hips and legs, but I think I like that after all.


 

Comments

  1. Girl, the pants are beautifully made. Great fit and lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so RTW and the fit and fabric are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pants fit you perfectly and love the fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts